Autumn 2016. Provide media management support for the keel laying ceremony of the Sir David Attenborough Polar Ship. The event would be attended by Sir David and an audience of 1000 VIPs and shipyard workers. Polaris was to work with press teams at British Antarctic Survey, National Environmental Research Council and the Department of Business Innovation and Skills.
Polaris worked closely with the stakeholder press teams notable BAS to help co-ordinate the biggest press event at Cammell Laird for more than 25 years.
The event saw all national broadcasters attend and broadcast live including: SKY TV, BBC Breakfast TV, BBC Radio Four Today, BBC Radio Five Live, ITV Good Morning Britain TV as well as the Press Association, BBC North West TV, ITV Granada TV, the Liverpool Echo.
- Draft and distribute the event operational note and press release
- We invited and registered media to attend
- We helped draft ‘lines to take’ documents for senior management
- We helped write key note speeches for the CEO and managing director of Cammell Laird
- We further managed a huge volume of queries from the media leading up to the event and at the event itself
- Coordinated media interviews on the day
- Polaris had specific lead responsibility for promoting the news to international maritime trade press
The impact of the event was huge on mainstream and social media with a global audience of more than 360 million people reached.