International Safety Products
International Safety Products is a world leading marine survival equipment specialist producing more than 170,000 lifejackets and exporting to more than 40 countries each year. Based in Liverpool UK it employs more than 100 people with a turnover in excess of £8million. The firm manufactures and supplies a broad range of marine safety equipment including lifejackets, immersion suits, tactical waistcoats, rescue boats, Epirbs, PLBs, SARTS and marine safety lights. ISP developed in distinct markets including leisure and commercial marine, as well as military and emergency services. It is the only firm to manufacture lifejackets for all these markets.
At the time of appointment ISP was led by duo Geoff Billington and John Rogers who had steadily built the firm’s turnover to circa £8million following decades of dedicated service. The business partners were keen to gear the firm up for sale. However, in order to secure a suitable sale price they needed to build greater awareness of ISP’s success story and better promote its global reach, track record and world class product portfolio to potential business buyers.
- Following a rigorous PR campaign lasting several years ISP was able to generate a large volume of online, print TV and radio media coverage.
- This marketing collateral played a pivotal role in the business sale and was used as key research material by interested buyers, even generating a number of unsolicited approaches from interested parties.
- More than six potential buyers who were convinced by the strength of ISP’s brand and commercial potential placed offers.
- The firm was sold to Safety and Survival Systems International Ltd in 2015.
- Polaris generated coverage for ISP across a wide range of media from regional and national titles to global maritime trade media with notable highlights including broadcast coverage on BBC News at Ten.
- Additional support was delivered with Enewsletters ensuring ISP was effectively communicating with its large contact base.
- Polaris provided additional support at international trade shows, producing marketing packages and attracting media to report on new product launches and key developments in the business.
- Further promotion and support at the firm’s annual ‘client open day’ proved another important element of ISP’s brand building exercise.
- Polaris provided further support with an Information Memorandum document designed to capture the full value of the business for potential investors.